Roach Control Kits
Effective Roach Control Tips
Unfortunately, for both homeowners and business owners, cockroaches are one of the most common pests to invade the inside of structures. Not only are the one of the most types of household pests, but they are also one of the most persistent pests that are difficult to get rid of. Many of the products that are sold in local hardware stores only provide remedies that will kill cockroaches on sight, but they do not target the actual nests. What that ultimately means is that they continue to reproduce and will continue to infest homes and other buildings. Although there are many pest control management companies that will go out to your location and treat the cockroach infestation will powerful insecticides, service fees are often times too expensive for anyone to spend. Moreover, selecting the correct roach control products may be difficult. However, our technicians at Pest Mall has made it easy to control roaches by providing a variety of roach control kits that includes all the necessary products to completely eradicate a roach infestation.
If you have any questions on the products included or what roach control kit will best fit the cockroach infestation that you are experiencing, give us a call at 1-800-788-4142.
Types of Products Included in Roach Control Kits
There are a variety of pest control products that will eliminate cockroach infestations. Although one product may provide short term relief, often times, multiple products must be used in conjunction with each other to gain a complete control of cockroach infestations. Pest Mall provides complete kits to target whatever size infestation you are experiencing with such products like:
- Cockroach Bait: Using poison bait may be one of the most important components when you are trying to gain a complete control of cockroaches. Basically, one should think of the domino effect when they are trying to imagine the effects of baiting a cockroach colony. One contaminated cockroach can kill up to 40 other roaches by means of feces, contact, and even when other roaches feed off of its carcass.
- Liquid Spray: Liquid spray is a contact kill method of control that can be used in a variety of ways. Most of the time, liquid sprays will be used as a barrier or it will be used to almost â€œflushâ€ out roaches. Usually, the rule of thumb is that liquid sprays are applied to low areas like the baseboard and the bottom of the door frame and baits should be kept up high like upper corners, on top of counters, in cabinets, and etc.
- Insect Growth Regulator (IGR): An insect growth regulator halts the developmental cycle. Ultimately, the idea is that because they have not matured, they cannot reproduce. For such insects as cockroaches that reproduce at an alarming rate, an IGR is crucial for a complete control.
- Dust Insecticide: Dust insecticide is particularly used in areas that do not have frequent contact. These are going be areas like the wall void, under and behind furniture, and etc. Dust products are a contact kill and have the longest residual of all the different products that are available in the kit.
- Insect Glue Monitors and Traps: In order to gain the upper hand in cockroach control, you must understand what you fighting against. The best way is to monitor regularly before, during, and after treatment. To monitor the infestation, use insect monitoring glue traps.
- Gallon Sprayer: The gallon sprayer that is provided by Pest Mall is one of the easiest to use. It is professional grade and is one of the most effective sprayers. The sprayer has both the misting and streaming nozzle that allows for a broadcast surface treatment or a crack and crevice treatment.
How to Select Roach Control Kits
There are several different roach control kits that are made available by Pest Mall. To select a roach control kit, you must decide how severe your infestation is and also how much area you will be treating for a cockroach infestation. Depending the on the severity of the infestation and the size of the area that you are treating, the selection of a roach control kit will vary. For instance, for large commercial areas like warehouses, supermarkets, or restaurants, the Roach Control Kit for Commercial will be efficient enough and will include all the materials and products needed to treat the entire area. If you would like to treat a house or a smaller area, then look to select the standard Roach Control Kit or the Roaches Control Kit Product.
Do You Have a Question about this Product? Ask Our Experts!
The reason Orthene is not recommended for residential areas is because of its very strong smell. If the pesticide were to come in contact with the carpeting area the smell will linger in that area for a longer time. Most commercial facilities have tiled floors therefore the smell does not linger for a long period of time.
The gentrol IGR is an insect growth regulator. When you use both products together it will have both a killing effect and a means of prevention because the Gentrol IGR will help control their numbers.
In a residential home bait gels are most recommended because of its clean finish and method of kill.
Once the cockroach consumes the bait, it will eventually die through a method of consumption. Roaches eat one another for a source of protein when they die. Therefore thats how the secondary poison will spread.
The most common roaches in the kitchen or bathroom area is most likely going to be German roaches. German roaches like to live 3-5 feet from a water source.They live inside the wall void area therefore roach gels would have the best effect in getting rid of the whole colony.